Cauliflower with Indian Spices
Serve with Basmati rice or couscous as a main dish or serve as a side dish.
1 medium onion, sliced thin
1) Toss cauliflower with 2 tbsp. olive oil and place on a shallow packing pan. Place in preheated 450 degree oven for about 15-20 minutes or until cauliflower is fork tender. Turn cauliflower once during baking.
2) While cauliflower is roasting, heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté about 5-7 minutes or until onion is carmelized. Add garlic and spices and sauté a couple more minutes, but don’t burn the garlic.
3) Remove cauliflower from oven and add to sauté pan and sauté a couple of minutes.
4) Add vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, then immediately reduce heat to low simmer.
5) Add raisins (if desired).
2 main dish servings or 4 side servings.