Cheddar Cabbage Casserole
My aunt shares this recipe. She made it with visiting
friends one year for Thanksgiving dinner. Everyone loved it and fought
for the last bit in the dish.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2 and ½ cups coarsely crushed cornflakes
½ cup Smart Balance or butter
4 and ½ cups shredded cabbage
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 (10 oz.) can cream of celery soup, undiluted
1 cup low-fat milk
½ cup Vegenaise or low-fat mayo
1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
1) Toss ½ the cornflakes and butter together.
Sprinkle half of the mixture into a greased 13 inch X 9 inch casserole
2) Layer the cabbage, onion, salt, pepper.
3) In a bowl mix together the soup, milk and mayo until smooth. Spoon
mixture over top.
4) Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and remaining cornflake mixture.
5) Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for approx. 45 minutes, or until golden