Easy Spinach Enchiladas
Making a gooey delicious Mexican casserole is easy
with this recipe.
1 can Rotel diced tomatoes with chili rellenos
1 15 oz. can crushed tomatoes
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tbsp. cilantro
1 tsp. cumin
¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
1 cup salsa
1 ½ cups low-fat Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese (or a blend)
6 cups frozen spinach
4 small tortilla shells
1) Cook spinach according to package directions and drain.
2) In large bowl, mix together Rotel, salsa, crushed tomatoes and spices.
3) Pour 2/3 cup of sauce into bottom of medium size casserole dish.
4) Place one tortilla flat on a plate. Add ¼ of the spinach and
a sprinkling of cheese. Roll together, tucking in the end. Repeat with
the other 3 tortillas.
5) Place enchiladas side by side in dish. Cover evenly with sauce and
sprinkle with remaining cheese.
6) Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
Remove foil and bake another 15-20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and
Serves Two to Four people, depending on your appetites.
Note: If you are short on time or energy,
just use 3 cups of good salsa as your sauce and omit the first 6 ingredients.